Academic Skills for University Success: Capstone, The University of Sydney
About this Course
This Specialization is aimed at preparing students for undergraduate study in an English-speaking university. The course equips you for full participation and engagement with your studies by building awareness and understanding of the core values and expectations of academic culture, and providing you with practical strategies to apply to your studies.
In the Capstone Project, you will apply the academic knowledge and skills you have learnt throughout courses 1-4 to research, write and present a project proposal that addresses a complex, real-world problem related to your field of interest and/or future study. After completing this course, you will be able to:
1. Apply a range of idea generation techniques
2. Apply research strategies to search, collect, select, process, and cite information
3. Use the research process to develop and critically analyse ideas
4. Apply critical thinking skills to evaluate and analyse ideas and evidence
5. Use problem-solving skills to identify gaps in knowledge and define issues
6. Develop creative and innovative solutions to real-world problems
7. Use appropriate academic genres for written texts and multi-media presentations
8. Use written and oral skills to communicate ideas effectively for academic contexts...