A Coursera Specialization is a series of courses that helps you master a skill. To begin, enroll in the Specialization directly, or review its courses and choose the one you'd like to start with. When you subscribe to a course that is part of a Specialization, you’re automatically subscribed to the full Specialization. It’s okay to complete just one course — you can pause your learning or end your subscription at any time. Visit your learner dashboard to track your course enrollments and your progress.
Every Specialization includes a hands-on project. You'll need to successfully finish the project(s) to complete the Specialization and earn your certificate. If the Specialization includes a separate course for the hands-on project, you'll need to finish each of the other courses before you can start it.
When you finish every course and complete the hands-on project, you'll earn a Certificate that you can share with prospective employers and your professional network.
What is the refund policy?
Can I just enroll in a single course?
Yes! To get started, click the course card that interests you and enroll. You can enroll and complete the course to earn a shareable certificate, or you can audit it to view the course materials for free. When you subscribe to a course that is part of a Specialization, you’re automatically subscribed to the full Specialization. Visit your learner dashboard to track your progress.
Is financial aid available?
Can I take the course for free?
Is this course really 100% online? Do I need to attend any classes in person?
This course is completely online, so there’s no need to show up to a classroom in person. You can access your lectures, readings and assignments anytime and anywhere via the web or your mobile device.
How long does it take to complete the Specialization?
This Specialization is made up of five course. Each course is designed to take 6 weeks to complete.
What background knowledge is necessary?
No prior experience is required, however, it would be helpful to you if you have a basic awareness of academic conventions.
Do I need to take the courses in a specific order?
The course is designed to be taken in any order, however, we recommend you follow the order given here.
Will I earn university credit for completing the Specialization?
You will not earn university credit for completing the Specialization.
What will I be able to do upon completing the Specialization?
After taking this specialization, you will be able to:
1) Use multimodal forms of communication (written, spoken, visual) in English to a high level of proficiency across a variety of situations and for different academic purposes.
2) Use technology to research, collect, evaluate, select, process and communicate information in order to use it for study purposes.
3) Use critical thinking and problem solving skills to make reasoned judgements, present credible arguments, identify gaps in knowledge, evaluate beliefs and clearly articulate results of inquiry.
4) Develop, implement, and communicate innovative and creative ideas effectively and in forms that have impact on real-world contexts.
5) Present a portfolio of work produced throughout the specialization to showcase and demonstrate their academic skills.
6) Demonstrate an understanding of academic conventions and academic integrity.
More questions? Visit the Learner Help Center.